Pinkie of Pinkies Paradise tagged me for this. It is quite an honor to be in the first round of any blog award. You’re one of the first people she thought of. I try to be nice and if any of the zillions of years of experience I have is helpful in any way, it makes me very happy.
Tell about a person you love.
Well… I love my wife and children more than I love life itself. I guess I’ll focus on my wife.
We’ve been married for 32 years now. She brought into this world the two other people I love, my son and daughter. There have been really rocky stretches but that is all past. Puts up with my Asperger’s. Tries to get me into more social situations. Not particularly jealous, she trusts me in situations other wives might be insecure about. And she is very cuddly in bed.
She doesn’t even mind me running around naked – as long as I won’t get arrested for it. She’ll even hold my clothes while I do it.
Write something about a fandom or franchise you love.
That’s tough! There are a lot of franchises I really really really love. The ones you go into mourning for when they end. Chihayafuru happily got another season. I love the main characters. I’m not into most romance anime nor am I into sports anime but this one combines the two genres perfectly. The matches keep me on the edge of the seat. There’s a lot of time when nothing is happening yet the thoughts in everyone’s minds as they readjust their strategies keep me interested until the lightning strike as the card is read.
Tell us something about a character that you love.
I might as well stick with Chihaya Ayase. She is a shy introvert who becomes a lioness when karuta is involved. She is a stunning beauty who doesn’t play on that fact even though her sister makes her living from being beautiful. She isn’t disinterested in love but she definitely isn’t obsessed with it either. Her social awkwardness is just so adorable!
I’ve always been a member of team Arata. Taichi will be happy with Sumire.
Other characters I could have gone with are Hitagi Senjougara, Rokka from “Natsuyuki Rendezvous”, and Kino from “Kino’s Journeys – The Beautiful World”.
Tell us something about a piece of music that you love.
This one is going through my head. Been going thru my head since it came out in 2017. As far as earworms go, not bad.
I’m a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
Might be over now, but I feel it still
I was 10 years old in 1966. Except my kids are grown, this song could be me.
Show us why you love a piece of media so much.
Wife and I went to the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena a few weeks back. There’s a lot of media I could have picked. Renoir, Toulouse Lautrec, Degas, Van Gogh. I noticed something. In front of the museum, there were a bunch of statues of men. In the courtyard by the coffee shop and the duck pond, they were all women. The women were all in languid poses while the men were all in action poses. (Probably unintentionally sexist, if you ask me.)
But there’s this one guy out front I really liked. I didn’t notice the sculptor or the name of the work. I just call him the Happy Hippy Hitchhiker.
Write something about yourself that you love.
I love my lack of inhibition. I love it when I’m fearless. I love being bold and willing to take risks. I’m tackling new things I would never have dreamt of before.
Come, my friends,
‘T is not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
Ulysses, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
The good thing is that I can easily find people who haven’t been tagged yet!
Scott of Mechanical Anime Reviews
Mia of 9 Tailed Kitsune
Rose of Wretched and Divine
Crimson of Cute Boys Central
Matt of Matt-in-the-hat
Terrance A. Crow of Crow’s World of Anime
Now the rulz:
- Thank the one who tagged you and if at all please tag the original post as well. This is my first blog tag and a bit of a passion project so I would like to see where it spreads! Oh and use Super-Happy-Love as a tag!
- Display the Super Happy Love Logo in your post Share the rules!
- Choose a minimum of 2 out of these 6 prompts to answer in this blog! More is always allowed! These six prompts are as follows!
– Tell about a person you love, this can be a friend, partner but also a celebrity or even YouTuber who means a lot to you. As long as they once took breath on this earthly realm you are allowed to pick them… Tell us why you love them.
–Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you love this so much!
–Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a Waifu, a Husbando, maybe a mentor or someone who taught you a valuable lesson? Tell us why you love them.
– Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does an anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory of a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
–Show us why you love a piece of media so much! A Book, A Game, A Anime, A Movie maybe even a random piece of fan art, you are free to pick as long as you can show us why you love it.
– Write something about yourself that you love! For those who like a challenge, there is a hard mode in this blog prompt as well. Tell us why you love a certain aspect of yourself
- Put on your rose tinted glasses. For once you are allowed to gush about the things that you love without having to balance it out with negatives so that you seem objective. In fact your are actively encouraged not to bring negativity into this tag. So no “Nowadays.. <topic> is poopoo but back in my days.. .it was great. Just say it was great! Love is blind after all!
- Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
- Everyone who comments something lovely about your post ALSO gets nominated. (Should they so choose)