I have the honor of being nominated by Foovay this time around. Head on over to her site to check it out!
Summer of Foovay
First the rulz:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so that other people can visit them
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the nominator
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing and provide them with a new set of 11 questions to answer
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post or on your blog site
Foovay’s 11 questions ARE (drum roll)
- What is the one piece of music that always just misses the cut when you chose a favorite for a blog tag or award – here’s your chance to finally share your second favorite!
Hmmm, That might be All the Way from Kino’s Journey: The Beautiful World. When I hear it the wanderlust bubbles up inside me. I want my old bike back! But really there are several songs from Nana, Ghost in the Shell, White Album 2, and others that could fit in this slot.
- What is your number one feel-good piece of media, be it a book or anime or TV series or movie, the one that will always make you feel better on a bad day.
The Tenchi Muyo franchise. Almost anything but season 4 & 5 OVAs. The perfect combination of comedy and adventure in the granddaddy of all harems. The last two seasons have been snoozefests.
- What is the longest streak you have going on something, and what is it?
Can’t think of anything special I’ve done that would qualify. I’m not terribly persistent. But if I define “streak” slightly differently… there’s the 7 miles across San Francisco for the Bare to Breakers. Or there was about a 28-mile nude hike on the Pacific Crest Trail…
- What is one thing you wish you could make time for every day – that pesky streak you just can’t keep up – be it exercising, language study, or a few minutes to meditate. What do you think it would take to help you do it?
I have plenty of time to do anything I want. There just aren’t any things I really want to do that would qualify as a streak. Maybe sleep? I’d like to sleep for at least 9 hours every night. I’d like to get a “streak” of regular hiking going but my knees would never allow it.
- What is the best anime you’ve watched in 2020
My Next Life as a Villainess. OMG, this is so sweet!
- What is the best book you’ve read this year?
One of the things I have misplaced as I got older was my love of reading. When I was young I’d devour a good book in a single night. I don’t think I’ve read a single book this year. Lots of articles and studies and posts of various types but no books.
- What game currently has you completely in it’s grip? Why?
Don’t play any games. Haven’t in about 30 years.
- If you could have anything, what is your wish?
I would wish that humanity realized that what we all have in common is far more important than how we are different.
- What do you really miss? Wax nostalgic for us about something you love that isn’t around anymore.
Double features at the drive-in movie with a cartoon preshow and an intermission.
- How often do you or your family cook? If you don’t cook, whatever DO you eat?
It depends on what you mean by “cook.” Maybe 3-4 days a week. Minute steaks, fish, burgers. Some kind of meat with some kind of pasta with some kind of sauce. More often we will order takeout from nearby Chinese or Greek restaurants. My main sustenance is peanut butter sandwiches with milk and fruit.
- Speaking of eating, what dish did you literally go out and try because you saw it on an anime (or live-action show) and it looked SO GOOD?
So far nothing. My wife got me The Manga Cookbook as a gift but so far have done nothing with it but look.
Hmmm, eleven questions. That’s tough. My questions never seem to be interesting.
- What is your favorite old anime, say pre-2000?
- Who is your favorite anime musician and what music is their best?
- What anime OST is your favorite?
- What anime had a brilliant idea but was executed poorly?
- What anime was a really bad idea but was executed brilliantly?
- Tell me about the anime you really love but has a terrible MAL score?
- You can wave a magic wand and make an anime trope disappear from all future anime. What is it and why?
- Pick your favorite director. They have asked you to give them the plot for their next anime. Summarize it.
- Have you ever actually attempted one of Irina’s drinking games? Did you have a hangover?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your all-time personal favorite blog post?
Here are my nominees. Sorry if you have been nominated recently!
- YuriReviews and More
- Yaoi Playground
- Hikari Otaku Station
- Lumi Reviews Things
- OMG, Becky, Look At That Blog!
- The Josei Next Door
- Just Something About LynLyn
- The Lily Garden
- Smile more
- Anyone else who is interested!
November 24, 2020 at 05:38
Really interesting post and questions Fred. Thanks for the nomination. Will have mine out this December.
June 27, 2020 at 19:03
Summer of Foovay amuses me for some inordinate reason. I loved everything about Kino’s Journey. I’m an inveterate wanderer myself. Respect for the hikes! I have done a lot of hiking, but nothing all that awesome. More short day or half day sort of hikes when camping at a park. I’d love to do the Appalacian trail, and if they ever actually get it off the ground, there’s talk of a Rocky Mountain Trail. But I’m not sure my knees and hips are up to it anymore 🙁 9 hours of sleep a day sounds like heaven. I don’t sleep well. I wish with your wish. It’s a good wish. Actually, that’s a perfect answer on cooking. We cook most days, nothing fancy usually. I’ve just seen a lot of carping on social media by folks who OMG have to COOK and they hate it and they’re tired of it and it’s so horrible not being able to live on fast food 7 days a week… and I think…really? I mean, we just always cooked. Shrug. I really want that cookbook tho LOL. I do love to try new stuff now and then. Thanks for your interesting answers and doing the award thingie! I think they’re fun but then I’m easily entertained.
June 28, 2020 at 00:29
Cooking is not a big deal. Wife just fried up some trout we found at the store.A little pepper and some lemon and it is to die for. Microwaved some corn to go with it. Ate it all buttered up on the cob. Very delicious!
July 4, 2020 at 16:14
I LOVE fish done that way. And it’s so quick – we’ve been eating little cod fillets and salmon fillets like that since it got so hot and we don’t like to heat up the house.
June 30, 2020 at 15:10
Trying to find an empty trail in the middle of the week. Usually they are all empty. Now even the remote ones are busy.
July 2, 2020 at 15:31
I feel your pain. The parks that are open here are full and the less popular ones are closed. Sigh.
July 13, 2020 at 23:10
For a freehiker like me, it is a damned inconvenience.
June 26, 2020 at 13:35